Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Such Comfort from the book of Revelations!!

"When I saw Him, I fell at His feet as though dead. Then He placed his right hand on me and said: "Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One;  I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades." Revelations 1:17-18

Our church is going through the first part of Revelations. I don't think I have ever studied the book, but I am excited to learn more about my Savior. Just in the first chapter I have been encouraged through God's word and my faith is strengthened. The verse above is talking about John, who at the time was exiled to the island of Patmos because he continued to proclaim the name of Jesus. John came face to face with Jesus during his exile and fell at the feet of Jesus. The Savior's first words were "Do not be afraid" Then he confirms why John shouldn't feel afraid, "I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! and I hold the keys of death and Hades." WOW! Such comfort in these words and from the book of Revelations! I am really praying for a teachable spirit throughout this study and that I would draw nearer to my Savior. To the Glory of God! May I learn to proclaim the name of Jesus as John was so faithful to do.


 The-seven_19524_itunes_feed_image

No comments:

Post a Comment