Sunday, June 23, 2013
God's Strength!
This Saturday I had the chance to run the half-marathon that I had mentioned awhile back. Now I can really say, by the grace of God I was able to run this race. I say this because the night before the race our car ended up breaking down in downtown Seattle. With the help of our family, we were able to get it to a mechanic that night (this is a really shortened version of what all took place that night. Just trying to save you all from total boredom). My race was at 7am the next morning! We were so exhausted from the long day that I had no desire to get up at 5 AM to get ready to run. Our car was still in the shop anyways! Yet, it was my Uncles few kind words that convinced me to go. He said, "I can get up in the early morning and drive you down to your race!". What an Uncle! :) I prayed before and during the race for strength and motivation and God delivered. I think I had the best run I have had in a long time. My time wasn't incredible, but I felt so full of strength and energy! I am so thankful that I had forgotten to bring my music to run with because it was so good to talk with God and the people around me. You see I had actually trained for this race and trained well because God gave me the motivation to stick with it and the heart to carry it through. I realized on my run that I needed to walk with God even closer and to dig into His word more and more because the better I train (draw near to the Savior) the more prepared I will be during trials that I face in this life. Does that make sense? Well before I say goodnight, here are a few things I learned while training/running a 1/2 marathon.
1. If you trip while your running your momentum keeps going forward and you can basically face plant no matter how coordinated you are! Did that...
2. Running in the rain is so inspiring and....wet.
3. Walk when no one is looking.
4. Eating no sugar, while training, is so much better on your body.
5. Chafing.....need I say more. OUCH! Especially when you jump into the shower after a long run! :(
6. 35$ Costco running shoes are better than 65$ NIKE SHOES! Ugh..
7. Sometimes I prefer running without music.
8. There are just some HUGE mental blocks to break through on long runs.
9. Got to eat enough protein to carry you through or you start to feel a bit dizzy.
10. Never tell yourself you can't do something! God will give you strength in your weakness!
11. Running is fun....I think...well...some days...oh dang it! Well lets just say it is challenging and we all love a good challenge :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment